Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!


Yep, it's my birthday. I don't really get excited about it anymore. That's sad, because my birthday was always my day to feel special. So since I'm not very excited, in order to feel special I'm going to blog about it. I even scanned a page from my baby book. I was born the youngest of 6 kids right here in Mesa at the old Mesa Lutheran Hospital (as a side note, last year the night before the hospital closed I took my DH and kids to visit the hospital and see where I made my grand entrance). My mom had been really sick with asthma during her pregnancy with me. When she was about 4 months along, she went into respiratory arrest and went into a coma and was on life support for 9 days. The doctors thought I would die. They thought if I didn't die, I would have major things wrong with me because of all the lack of oxygen and drugs they used to save my mother's life. But I came out happy and pink and normal. I'm grateful to my mother for what she went through to get me here.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, Susan! I hope it's a good one.

Esther Pugmire said...

Hey Susan! Glad you made it out pink and normal. I hope it's a happy day for you. Even though it isn't nearly as exciting as it was a few years ago to have a birthday, today is still your special day. I used it all day a couple of days ago. "I don't want to, it's my birthday". My family made it special for me. I hope yours does too. Love ya!

ThurberGang said...

**HAPPY BIRTHDAY**!!! Hope that your day is amazing! I know what you mean about the day not feeling 'special' like it used to... although, this year - it was completely wonderful! I hope that your family is well and you are sufficiently spoiled!!

xoxox.

Marci McLain said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope that your family treats you like a queen and you have a wonderful birthday full of happy memories!

Marci McLain said...

I tagged you to tell some quirks about yourself. Check out my blog for info.