
Maren was blessed in our ward on Sunday. It was such a special day for her. My mom made her dress; this is a dress I've thought of for years and it turned out just as I had imagined. My mom had also made my dress, but I've never really liked it (sorry, Mom) so I always wanted a beautiful one for my daughter. My parents were there, as was my grandpa (he's so cute in his bow tie), aunt and cousins. Sorry none of my siblings could make it. It was a bit of a crazy day, what with our bishopric also being changed, and I had to conduct Relief Society. We had a nice evening though, when my Aunt and cousins stopped by for desserts and socializing.




6 comments:
**Gorgeous**!! I'm so, so happy for you!!
I did my 6 quirks post! Sorry it took me so long (but it's explained in the quirky blog!) Of course, we had several of the same quirks - why we got along so well, I suppose???
Hope you're doing well. . .
That really is a beautiful dress! I'm making my mom make one, too, because I don't really like the one I wore, either. I'm glad you got your "dream" dress for your daughter! It was such a sweet blessing. And a beautiful little girl!
hey - (another from me!!) i just responded to your comment to me - but realized you may not go back to my blog to read it - so do - the one about me finally looking like i'm out of my teenage years! ha. . .
xoxox.
She looks beautiful Susan. It sorta kinda looks like the dress Mom made for me! I so wish I could have been there with you. Sounds like a fun day and I'm glad Effie was almost there for the big day. At least she got to see her as a newborn. I can't wait to hold her!
oh, she's a doll, susan. that's so wonderful that your mom made her dress. what a great day.
Post a Comment