Thursday, December 04, 2008

Master T's 1st trip to the dentist

Last time I took Master B and Master C to the dentist, we did a "practice run" on Master T to get him used to having someone poke around in his mouth. It didn't go well. He screamed and kicked and was generally not interested in letting someone look at his teeth. So when it came time for his first real visit on Tuesday, I was stressed. I had intended to take all four kids with me, but when I realized what Master T was going to act like, I thought better. I called up Hailey to watch Miss M, picked up Masters B and C from school and headed over to the dentist. Master T waited patiently, playing with the railroad set in the lobby. We did a few practice sessions of opening our mouths pretending that someone was looking in there. He did fine. They called his name and we went back. He climbed up on the chair, accepted his cool looking sunglasses, we practiced opening our mouths again, and I waited for the meltdown to begin. Along comes Jessica, ready to clean his teeth. She asked him to open his mouth, and he did! She started poking around in there, and guess what?! NO SCREAMING FIT!! He was SOOOOO good. He even did it all over again when the actual dentist came in for a look. I was very impressed. So happy that this time, none of my three sweet boys had a cavity! Yeah! They all got their gift bags with a new toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and a little toy.



2 comments:

Jim said...

I am so sad I couldn't watch Maren for you! I have got to find someone to buy my business from me... I need some extra time to hold babies! :o)

Esther Pugmire said...

What a cutie! Tai looks so big in the dentist's chair. I can't wait to see you & your family. Love ya!