Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A pink tutu

Okay, so anyone who knows me, knows how much I have pined away, wished for and prepared not to have, almost couldn't believe it could be true, a little girl of my very own. Well, here she is and I can't believe the amazing way she came into my life. From deciding not to try again and giving up my dream to discovering I was pregnant and terrified I would be having my 4th boy (not that I don't love my boys to pieces), to finding out it was indeed a girl and then having nightmares that it wasn't. . . well, anyway, needless to say I've been having a great time dressing her up (or down) and taking pictures. Here's one I took today. I had been snooping around the internet looking up photos of newborns and saw this adorable one of a little baby girl in a tutu. Well, I decided to get some tutu fabric and try my hand at it. It's not the most perfect tutu, but it was fun and easy and I think the picture is adorable!

6 comments:

Mary Davis said...

Okay, sooooo cute! I'm jealous!

Marci McLain said...

That is just the cutest little picture! She is so adorable and tiny! You forget after a while how little they are when they are first born!

ThurberGang said...

oh my *gosh*!! i love it!! i wish i would have done some cute pics like that with my girls. . . good for you to create these cute shots. . .

Wiltbank Family said...

Susan, I'm so happy for your family and that you have a girl. Esther told me how happy you were. So glad to see your blog. Rachel

Esther Pugmire said...

She's a doll and you are too creative! It looks like a pro did it.

bigelow family said...

Susan, I'm so glad to hear from you. I was thinking about you the other night at the dome since that was the last place I saw you :-)

What a sweet baby girl! I'm so happy for you. As much as we all love our boys, it's just so much fun to have a baby girl! I wish I had enjoyed and "dolled" mine up a little more, but she came 2nd and I thought we'd get another one or two girls!

Good to hear from you- I'm glad we can keep in touch! Amie