
So our Stake here put on a triathlon for anybody interested in participating. Initially, I was really excited because I've been thinking about doing a simple one. But I didn't train and didn't feel ready to do it (plus I was scared of the swimming since I am NOT a good swimmer). So Jason, B, and C competed as a team! B did the swimming (since he IS a good swimmer!) It was 1/4 mile, which turned out to be 8 laps or 16 lengths of the Junior High swimming pool. I was so nervous for him since he didn't train or anything either. But he did a fantastic job!

Here's B just starting out . . .

And coming down the home stretch! I was so PROUD of him for accomplishing that! What a stud!

Then Jason took off on his bike! He biked a total of 4 miles, though it was originally supposed to be 8 miles. They had to cut it down because there were so many participants. He did awesome too!

Then C took off running! He's in the Walking/Jogging Club at school, so we thought it was a good match for him. He ran almost the whole time, only taking a walking break in the middle. He ran 2 miles to the finish line! I was so PROUD of him too for doing such a great job and being a fantastic anchor to the GREEN TEAM!

This was his reaction after he finished!

Great job guys! You inspired me to want to do it next time! And btw, all three of them want to do the whole thing by themselves next time! Way to go!!
2 comments:
That's just AWESOME!
So great. . . love that the stake put it on!! Congrats, all.
Post a Comment