Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kids First Hockey Clinic







C went with us to a Cub Scout activity to Polar Ice one time and ever since, he's been absolutely in love with ice skating. He is always asking to go. J usually is the one to take him. We told him that there was an actual game played on ice skates called hockey, so he then declared that he wanted to be a hockey player when he grew up. So I was perusing Facebook one time and saw a page for the new Polar Ice rink much closer here in Gilbert. They said that one of the programs they offered was a free clinic for ice hockey. Basically they just introduce kids to the game and let them try it out. It goes for an hour every Saturday for 4 weeks. So I randomly signed him up thinking he'd enjoy it. I basically forgot about it and then a couple of weeks ago I got a call saying his first clinic was Saturday and he needed to come get fitted for his gear on Friday. Last Friday we went down and he got all the cool hockey gear: pads, helmet, and stick. He must have put on and taken off all that gear 4 or 5 times Friday night. He was so excited! So we took him down on Saturday and he got to go out on the ice for a full hour and run through a bunch of drills and try out his stick with a real puck and everything. He loved it!! I'm worried now about what I've gotten him into, because it's a very expensive sport. For him to play a season, it's something like $525! We'll just stick with the free clinic for now . . . but you never know . . . he may be the next Wayne Gretzky!

1 comment:

Marci McLain said...

He looks awesome in his hockey stuff! Go Caleb!!