Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day, 2006

Hello, just trying out this new blog that I've decided to create. I suppose it's sort of an online journal, for those sad individuals who actually care what I did today! Well, if you must know. I woke up this morning and caught the news about the sudden and tragic death of Steve Irwin (actually I heard about it on the late news last night since in Hawaii we were all still awake while the rest of the country was already asleep!). I only ever watched him on tv a few times, I sort of thought he was a little dopey. He had occasionally funny things. And he really was amazing with all sorts of creepy animals. So sad that he died so unexpectedly. I mean, the man lived his life dealing with just about every type of dangerous and deadly animal you could think of. And yet his life was taken by the "pussycat of the sea". I really feel bad for his family. Two little children. Oh well.
After the television was rested from my control by my tennis-crazed husband (and yes, the little ones were out monopolizing the other tv with their XBOX), I went in and read some of the book I've been reading lately. It's about Cleopatra. It's actually called The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George. I love historical fiction. It's a fictional book but written as if it were Cleopatra's own memoirs. Though I have thought more than once that it's impossible to remember that much dialogue in your life. Who remembers exactly what you or someone else said even last night?! Well, in today's episode (a.k.a where I'm at in the book) Cleopatra's son Caesarion accompanies her physician Olympos to Rome, so that he can see and learn more about his father and his culture (that would be Julius Caesar).
I had made plans with my friend (and former neighbor) Mary that we should do something today since it was a holiday. So I called and we decided to take the kids to see the movie "Barnyard, the Original Party Animals". We met at Windward Mall in Kaneohe at noon. After the movie we took them to get their wiggles out at a local park.
When we got home, I did a little research on how to make the ultimate Star Wars party for Braden's 8th birthday. Then I made dinner (lemon chicken, Rice-a-roni and Mixed Veggies). We watched a movie that I had tivo-ed, "How to Marry a Millionaire". Then I came in here and thought, oh yeah, I wanted to start a blog.
Okay, so that's it! Wasn't that exciting and refreshing?!
Later!

No comments: